The Best Nordic Startups' Competition
Startup Challenge @ NLSDays 2018
Get ready to pitch!
Now is your chance to make a lasting first impression and establish yourself and your company with the Nordic region’s foremost investors. Prepare your 1-minute video pitch and fill in your Startup Challenge application today!
Startup Challenge at Nordic Life Science Days, NLSDays, at Waterfront in Stockholm, evening of the 10th of September. This year Umeå Biotech Incubator will be hosting the event with Pfizer as sponsor.
Startup Challenge is an enjoyable pitching event showcasing the best and brightest startups currently emerging from the nordic life science ecosystem. Based on your video contributions, the best 12 will be selected to pitch live in front of hundreds of life science industry investors. It means that you will be pitching in front of a qualified audience. The winner receives a free admission with company presentation to the Nordic Life Science Days 2019.
Benefit from the ideal environment for your company to engage with the leaders in life science, NLSDays being an excellent opportunity to interact with people who have a successful track record and a great place to meet potential investors and partners. On the top of that, it will be fun! You will also get exposure through the website and the program for the conference.
What to do?
Checkpoints before you fill in your application
- Your company has not participated in last year’s Startup Challenge @NLSDays (the pitch contest)
- Your company is not older than 8 years (counting form official registration).
- Your company have not attracted more than 2 million Euro in total financing.
- Your company is a privately-owned company.
- Your company is registered in one of the Nordic countries (Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland or Iceland).
- Your company must be active within life science (pharma, medtech/diagnosics, E-health or other).
- Your company has not attended any previous Startup Challenge @NLSDays (the pitch contest).
- Your company has a representative who is available to attend the event on the 10th of September 2018 at Waterfront Stockholm if your company are selected for the live pitch final.
…If everything is in order, good! Now, follow these instructions:
- Record your 1-minute video pitch. (You don’t need an advanced video camera, just take your smartphone and find a light room to record your pitch).
- Upload your video on YouTube, Vimeo or other publicly available streaming site.
- Fill in your application and upload the URL to your video here.
Great! Now you’re in the running towards becoming the next winner of the Startup Challenge 2018. Good luck!
Competition criteria and setup
The jury who consist of selected and experienced investors will give every video pitch score on a scale 1-7 based on these following judgement criteria:
- Need: globally for patient/healthcare and market potential
- Team: competence within the team
- Approach: technical solution
- Business model: how to earn money
- Competition: competitions on the market and in pipe line
- Final: How much money is needed, time period and what is going to be performed during that time. Exit for investors (when and how)
The 12 cases with the highest points will go to the finals and get to live pitch in front on hundreds important investors at NLSDays Startup Challenge 10th of September.
The live pitch must be 2 minutes long and the audience at the Startup Challenge at NLSDays will decide on site through live digital voting who the winner is, so it’s important to capture the audience! The winner will be announced on stage by a representative from Pfizer.
The lucky winner of the Startup Challenge 2018 will receive a free entrance to NLSdays 2019 + a free company presentation. That’s huge!
Everyone is a winner!
All Startup Challenge applicants will get registration discounts for the entrance to NLSdays 2018.
For all Startup Challenge applicants (not selected for the finals but has fulfil the application criteria):
- 15% discount on Small Company rate for those interested in attending the all-conference
- 6,375 SEK + 25% VAT until May 31, 2018
- 8,500 SEK + 25% VAT from June 1st, 2018
For selected finalists:
- Complimentary access to NLSDays’ premises on September 10th only (including opening reception)
- 25% discount on Small Company rate for those interested in attending the all-conference
- 5,625 SEK + 25% VAT until May 31, 2018
- 7,500 SEK + 25% VAT from June 1st, 2018
If you are interested in benefiting from the different registration discounts, please contact Jennie Ekbeck at Umeå Biotech Incubator to receive your discount code.
Hope to see you at the Startup Challenge @NLSDays 2018!
Best wishes from Umeå Biotech Incubator – growing ideas that can change the world